Wednesday 23 January 2008

Week 1

Edinburgh Landscape


I took this photo because I thought it clearly represented the beautiful landscape of Edinburgh. It is such a diverse city with so much old and new architecture. I wanted to portray old Edinburgh against the firth of forth. I included this photo because of the beauty of the photo. I like how the photo captures the sweeping clouds in the back and the busy city below.








Edinburgh Structure


I took this photo because i liked the Roman inspired architecture in comparison to the old buildings throughout the city. It seems as though this building is out of place in such a booming city I wanted to capture the obscurity. I included this photo because I think it is a beautiful building. I wanted to show the diversity of the buildings architecture landscape.








Lion Still Life


I took this photo because I feel as though it symbolizes Alnwick England. By documenting it, it is a good reminder of the towns rich history. Its massive size is impressive setting in the middle of town. I chose to include this photo because of what it represents and its fierce beauty.




Newcastle Street Band


I took this photo because of the small town feel in a big city. I enjoyed walking through the booming city of Newcastle and seeing/hearing the local street band playing on the side of the road. I chose to include this photo because I felt like it portrayed more of the Newcastle vibe than of a picture of a lone person walking through the streets. In this picture you can sense the spirits of all the men playing.


Nature


I took this photo because i thought this tree was incredible. I love the mysteriousness the tree portrays. It has a spooky quality that pops against the gray sky behind. The tree itself was inspiration for the photo. I chose to include this photo in my blog simply because of its strange qualities and beauty.



Newcastle Night


I decided to take this picture because I thought it portrayed Newcastle nightlife. The city lights are stunning against the night sky. I like how the photo is slightly out of focus which can symbolized the chaos and fast paced life the city possesses.


Abstract Iron


I took this photo for several reasons. The first because of how beautiful the structure and craftsmanship is and second because of my uncle. He was a blacksmith for most his life and recently passed away last year from ALS. It reminded me of him in many ways. I decided to include this photo because of the ironwork and the photos strange and abstract qualities.


Newcastle in Motion


I took this photo to represent the motion of the city. The cars are moving slowly through the city in front of the historic buildings of Newcastle. I like this photo for many reasons. It represents the old and new elements of the city. I included this in the blog because I wanted to show the movement of the vehicles against the old buildings of Newcastle.




The Lions 'Tower'


I decided to take this photo because I wanted to include the important landmarks of the town we currently live in. It is an important symbol here in Alnwick and i decided to include it in my blog. I like how the photograph is against the brightened sky which allows only the darkness of the figures to come though.


High Angle Plant Life


I decided to take this photo because the high angle shot allows for the vivid colors to pop. The greens, pinks, and purples show up against the gray stone behind. I wanted to include this photo in my blog because of the interesting quality the plant possesses and the angle at which the photo was taken.












No comments: