Monday 28 January 2008

Week 2

A. Alnwick Landscape




I decided to take this photo because I wanted to document Alnwick's 'city' landscape. I chose to include this photo in my blog because it represents the daily life in Alnwick. The beautiful buildings along the roadside give the town a quaint and friendly feel.








B. York Minster Architecture


I took this picture to capture the beauty of the medieval York Minster. The architecture is so grand and beautiful I wanted to include it in my blog. From the photograph you are able to witness its massive size and presence.








C. Medieval Still Life




I decided to take this photo to capture the in-depth craftsmanship the Minster has to offer. This photo shows that even the smallest details inside the Minster are just as unique as the large structure itself. I wanted to include it in my blog to portray the small beauties within the Minster.








D. Man at ruins




I decided to take this photo because of the calm nature of the man against the church ruins. He was sitting alone on the park bench so peacefully in a location that was once under attack. I chose to include this photograph for that very reason. The balance between past and present is so apparent and has the ability to draw the eye inward.







E. Snowdrops in Nature







I decided to take this photo of the snowdrops because of their tiny beauty. I wanted to include them in my blog because flowers in January is unheard of back in Minnesota, but in England, they represent the first signs of spring.






F. City at Night

I decided to take this picture because I liked how the bright colors are highlighted against the dark night. I wanted to included it in my blog because i think it accurately portrays how slow the city can be in early morning hours of the night.






G. Abstract Window


I decided to take this photo of the train station window because its beauty. It fits well under the abstract category because of its offset location and contrast between light and dark. I wanted to include this photo in my blog because of its originality.

H. Mini in Motion





I decide to take this photograph because I wanted to capture an object in motion. If you look closely not only is the car in motion but you can see the refection of the structure from behind the camera. I chose to include this photo because of its unique qualities and reflection of the tower.




I. Stairway Low Camera Angle



I decided to take this photo because of the unique angles picture possesses. I like how the photo is slightly off angle and taken directly in front. I wanted to include it in my blog because of the of the stairs obscurity.



J. Doorway High Camera Angle


I decided to take this photograph because i liked the deception of the high angle shot. In fact this door in only a few feet high, but because of the angle, it appears much taller. I wanted to include this shot because of the the beautiful stone work and muted colors.

1 comment:

Mary Przybilla said...

I am impressed with your photography! You are obviously seeing some pretty cool places and you are putting your spin on them with your creative angles and artistic eye. I look forward to seeing more of Alnwick and beyond through your eyes.