Sunday 13 April 2008

Week 8



A. Gran Canaria LandscapeThis photo was taken on the island of Gran Cararia in the Canary Islands. I like this picture because you can see the diverse nature of the island. The long peninsula of residential life, the lush green leaves of brush, the sandy beach, and the tourist locations.


B. The Duomo in Milan
This picture was taken in Milan Italy. The Duomo Cathedral is a popular religious location and tourist spot. I like how the Duomo is framed by a sea of people and modern buildings.

C. Angles in the Statue
This photo was taken at the Alnwick garden. The garden is filled with unique statues and modern fountains. I like this photo because it antique nature in the presence of new plant life and art.

D. Little Girl in Bamboo
This photo was taken in the Alnwick gardens. She was playing hide and go seek with her mom in the bamboo maze. I snapped a photo of her as she laughed her way down the cobbled path.

E. Big Sheep
I took this picture on a hike I took through Hulne Park in Alnwick. The sheep literally watched me walk for a good 100ft. It was just so mangy and scruffy I had to take a picture of it.

F. Durham at Night
This picture was taken in Durham. I like this photo because of the lighting effects the light had on the castle. The main focus is clear and the building in front becomes second in nature.

F. Abstract Stone
I took this picture was taken on a walk through Alnwick. I wanted to capture a different perspective of the old stone. I like how the main focus is on the top stone and how it slowly fades into the photo.

H. Sailboat in Motion at Lake Como
This picture was taken at Lake Como in Italy. It was a beautiful day and so many people were outside enjoying the weather. I like this picture because although the main focus is on the sailboat, the gorgeous scenery still has a great presence.

I. Low Angle of Venice Apartment
This picture was taken in the streets of Venice Italy. I took this photo because I thought this apartment was a perfect example of a 'true' Italian apartment; with the soft color stucco, window boxes and old weathered shutters. Someday I plan on owning one.

J. High Angle Gondola in Venice
This photo was taken in Venice Italy. I like this photo because the main focus is solely on the gondola. Because there are no roads in Venice, the main way to get around the gorgeous city is by gondola. It was a cool experience to see them in person.

No comments: