Tuesday 11 March 2008

Week 6

A. Paris Landscape

This picture was taken from on top of the Eiffel Tower. I like this photo because you can see the different landmarks and topography. I took this picture without flash to highlight the lights and grassy areas.

B. The Luve and Eiffle Tower

This picture shows the far end of the Luve and Eiffel Tower. I like this picture because it portrays the postcard effect while still managing to keep composition of all three focal points.

C. Statue Still Life


This picture was taken at the Luve in Pairs France. I wanted to include it in my blog because it is reminiscent of the famous ‘David.’ It is a perfect piece to include in still life.

D. Strollingin Paris
I took this picture outside of the Moulin Rough in Paris France. We were in a large tourist group waking down the red light district and suddenly I saw a local casually strolling down the street. It really brought a sense of realism to Paris when often times it tends to be so romanticized.
E. Swan Wildlife
During my trip to London’s Hampshire Court I noticed several swans in the gardens. I thought they were so beautiful and wanted to document them. We don’t have many swans in Minnesota and I chose to include this photo in my blog because of their originality.

F. Eiffel Tower at Night

To me, the Eiffel Tower represents Paris. Its massive side and beauty is so grand I chose to include this photo in my blog. While in Paris, seeing the Eiffel Tower was a total highlight.


G. Plant abstract
I decided to take this photo because I wanted to try something new with camera angles. Often times people take a high angle shot of plant life; I chose to come at a different angle showing the length and plain of the plant.


H.British Guards in Motion

This photo was taken at London Tower. The British guards were doing their daily rotations. They all got into formation and marched off to their new location. They are some of the few people in all of England to posses a firearm.



I. Eiffel Tower Low Angle

The Eiffel Tower was amazing at night. The lights tuned on every hour at dusk and would sparkle like diamonds. I wanted to take an unconventional shot of the tower so I came in from a low angle and slightly off center.




J. High Angle from St Pauls Cathedral

This picture was taken from the first tier of St Paul’s Cathedral in London. From the top you could see all of London for miles. This shot was taken as a high angle in order to represent the distance from the top of the tower to the busy streets below.



























No comments: